William Moss awarded the Commodore's Cup
Published 21:26 on 18 Dec 2022
Congratulations to Barnt Green Junior Sailor William Moss for being awarded the Commodore's Cup in recognition of his outstanding success over the last few years in the International Optimist Class.
William learned to sail at Barnt Green on his 6th birthday and went on to compete in the Midland Optimist circuit.
"William is an incredibly determined and talented sailor. We are very proud of his success and to have him representing our club. We wanted to celebrate and recognise his achievements by awarding him the Commodore's Cup. The whole club will be cheering him on and following his sailing career very closely. Congratulations William and keep up the hard work." Mat Newton-Sherlock, Barnt Green Sailing Club Commodore.
His incredible list of achievements so far includes:
- First under 10 at optimist British nationals in Weymouth in 2017
- Trained in south zone squad and then made IOCA nationals boys squad in 2018
- Represented GBR at European Championships in Cadiz, Spain in July 2021
- Represented GBR at European team racing in Italy in August 2021
- Represented GBR at European team racing in Berlin in November 2021
- Represented GBR at worlds largest international Optimist event at lake Garda - Easter 2022
- Top 5 early summer championships 2022
- Top 5 late summer championships 2022
- Top 5 at British nationals in Largs in July 2022
He has consistently raced at all International Optimist Sailing ranking events every year and has participated in all British National Championships and is currently ranked 2nd Boy in the UK.
To top off a brilliant 2022 season he has been selected to represent the GBR Team in Monaco in January 2023 as part of the Team Racing Squad which consists of the top 2 girls and top 2 boys selected nationally.
Last updated 21:30 on 18 December 2022