There is no fee to join Barnt Green Sailing Club.
We offer a number of subscription options depending on your particular circumstances and most fees are payable annually.
On joining the club, you will become an Associate Member which entitles you to use all of the facilities of the club and to vote at club meetings. Once you have been an associate member for two years, at the invitation of the Committee, you will be asked to become a Full Member. Full membership of the club also means that you become a member of Barnt Green Waters Ltd and this additionally entitles you to vote at meetings of Barnt Green Waters Ltd. All membership subscriptions include the RYA levy.
The following categories of Associate Membership are available.
- Associate Member - Family Subscription
- An Associate Family Member is entitled to bring his or her partner and all children under the age of 23 years from the family group to sail at the club. Each such sailing member is entitled to introduce one visitor on each sailing day or social day. A visitor may helm or crew the member's dinghy with the member but if they sail on their own they will need to pay a daily sailing fee of £10. No visitor may be introduced to sail more than four times a year.
- Associate Member - Individual Subscription
- An Associate Individual Member is entitled to sail at the club. The Associate Member can also welcome to the club his or her partner and children under the age of 23 years and two visitors as social guests or to crew for the member. An Associate Member's partner or children may crew for him or her on a regular basis without payment of any additional subscription but may only helm or boardsail if the Family Associate subscription or the daily visitor's sailing fee of £10 is paid. No visitor may be introduced to sail more than four times a year.
- Associate Member - Paddleboarding
- An Associate member with no sailing or boat storage rights.
- Associate Member - Crewing Only Subscription
- Entitled to be regular crew for an Associate Member but cannot helm.
- Associate Member - Junior Subscription
- An Associate Junior Membership is taken out by a non-sailing adult with legal parental responsibility on the behalf of one or more children. It entitles the adult to use the facilities offered by the Club as a social member. Only the juniors will be allowed to sail and an adult with parental responsibility must be present at the club at all times whilst their child or children are sailing. Failure to be so may result in the child being requested to leave the water.
- Associate Member - Student Subscription
- An Associate Student Member must be in full time education and aged between the ages 18 and 30 years. Entitled to the same rights as an Associate Individual Member.
- Associate Member - Non-sailing subscription
- An Non-sailing Associate Member subscription is suitable for social, senior or non-sailing members
- Associate Member - Winter Series
- Entitled to sail in the Frost Bite and Snowflake Series only (October to March)
Subscriptions for annual membership become due from 1 st January each year. There will be a £25.00 surcharge payable by members (excluding winter and temporary membership), if fees are paid after 1st March each year.
No member is allowed to sail a boat or board at Upper Bittell unless there is in force fully comprehensive insurance cover and at least £2,000,000 Third Party Liability covering all persons who may sail the boat or board.
Last updated 10:43 on 25 November 2019