Terms and Conditions - The "Boathouse" Venue
Client: Means the Person / Organisation booking the facilities and services of the "Boathouse".
Boathouse: Means Barnt Green Sailing Club (BGSC) and the Premises owner, Barnt Green Waters Ltd (BGW) whose consent has been granted.
Premises: Means those areas operated by BGSC and owned by BGW.
Confirmation of Client: All bookings remain provisional until confirmation in writing by BGSC and a non-refundable deposit payment has been received.
Cancellation by the Client: Should any client have to cancel prior to the event, the following charges will be enforced:-
21 – 7 days prior to event 80% of total fee7days – 0 days prior to event100% of the fee.
Cancellation by BGSC:
The "Boathouse" may cancel the event at any time based on the following:-
- If the Boathouse becomes aware of any facts whereby in its reasonable opinion the booking might in any way prejudice the reputation of the "Boathouse" and / or the Premises, or cause damage to the "Boathouse" and /or the Premises.
- If the "Boathouse" becomes aware of any alteration in the Client's financial situation.
As per the current separate price list and in accordance with any additional requirements previously agreed.
If maximum stay of 4 hours on a half day is exceeded, full day rate will be charged.
If the Client wishes to change delegate numbers after the initial booking:-
- Standard cancellation charges apply to any reduction in numbers; and
- Any additions must be notified to the Boathouse and if accepted by Boathouse are to be paid as an additional charge in the final account.
No alcohol or food may be brought on to the Premises, unless the prior written consent of the "Boathouse" has been obtained for which a charge will be made.
The Boathouse is not registered for V.A.T
A non-refundable deposit of £50.00 per day booked, for the room hire will be required with the written confirmation of booking.
Final accounts are to be settled in full prior to the event with any additional incurred charges paid on the day or, within 7 days after the event, following which we reserve the right to add interest at 4% above Bank of England base rate until the account is settled in full.
Clients wishing to use their own electrical equipment must supply an up to date electrical test certificate, failure to do so may result in permission being refused.
Whilst the "Boathouse" will endeavour to provide the service, as per the booking, it does not accept liability for any failure or delay in doing so.
Any damage wilful or otherwise to the Premises, furnishings, fixtures or fittings will be the responsibility of the Client, and must be paid for on request of the "Boathouse".
The Boathouse does not accept responsibility in any way for the Client's property. Any goods deposited with employees or representatives of the Boathouse are at the owner's risk.
We request, due to copyright, that authorisation be sought and approval given for the reproduction of the drawings / illustrations / pictures in our information brochure and website, prior to use within the Client's marketing literature.
Clients are requested to advise their Staff and Clientele to;
Observe all speed limits that are in force on their approach to the "Boathouse" and take care when driving over the speed ramps.
- Respect the premises and ensure no litter is left outside – The area is of designated Special Scientific Interest.
- Be aware of the no smoking policy and ensure all cigarette butts etc. are placed in the designated outside area receptacle.
- Retain the fire guard in position at all times and when the fire is lit, or the gas heater is in use, no clothing etc. is to be placed on, over or around the guards.
BGSC reserves the right to amend these terms and condition without notice.
Last updated 11:19 on 25 January 2023