BGSC Solo Open Meeting 2021
Published 11:23 on 29 May 2021
Barnt Green Sailing Club held its first open meeting for three years on Saturday 22nd May. Visitors from as far away as Manchester and Northampton joined six sailors from our home club.
Race officer Merlyn Wilcox set a broadly figure of eight course and four races were held in a gusty north westerly wind.
The winner was Ian Ingram of Earlswood Lakes Sailing Club, the current Midlands champion.
Final Results Table
- Ian Ingram - Sail #5858 - Earlswood Sailing Club - 5 points
- Alan Bishop - Sail #5723 - Girton Sailing Club - 6 points
- Adam Froggatt - Sail #4529 - The Chase Sailing Club - 9 points
- Kev Hall - Sail #5524 - Northampton Sailing Club - 9 points
- Nigel Davies - Sail #5911 - Draycote Sailing Club 10 points
- Ollie Ridgway - Sail #5399 - Barnt Green Sailing Club - 15 points
- Matt Newton Sherlock - Sail #5688 - Barnt Green Sailing Club - 20 points
- Bob Suggitt - Sail #5318 - Barnt Green Sailing Club - 21 points
- Jon Wood - Sail #4772 - Earlswood Lakes Sailing Club - 22 points
- Andy Paton - Sail #4719 - Barnt Green Sailing Club - 29 points
- Graham Wilson - Sail #5721- Northampton Sailing Club - 31 points
- Paul Smith - Sail #5695 - Barnt Green Sailing Club - 34 points
- Mike Caley - Sail #4893 - Barnt Green Sailing Club - 40 points
- Richard Halton - Sail #5695 - Earlswood Lakes Sailing Club - 42 points
Photos courtesy of Bob Suggitt and Cheryl Kiely
Last updated 15:21 on 23 November 2021