Racing Rules Workshop
An evening workshop on the Racing Rules of Sailing. RYA Regional Rules Advisor Steve Watson is visiting the club to cover the following themes:
- Rules changes for RRS 2021-24
- Round the course: looking at standard course formats eg. sausage, triangle, trapezoid
- Round the track: navigating the rules around a typical club course
- Buoys will be buoys: a focus on rules and tactics at marks
- How to win the start and lose friends at the bar!
- Simulated protest for a scripted scenario with participant role play
- Rules quizzes
His workshops take a different form with no PowerPoints and instead take the form of interactive sessions with large models on the floor. Make sure you don't miss this exclusive opportunity to swot up on your Racing Rules or answer those questions you have been thinking about all summer.
There will be informal food available (paid for seperately) to eat while the sessions run and the bar will be open. Confirm your food choices here: https://forms.gle/hNTbN468B9h3...
Main: Baked Potatoes with Chilli con Carne or Vegetarian option.
Dessert: Apple Crumble & Custard or Cheese and Biscuits.
Main £8.50, Dessert £4, Cheese £4.
Any available tickets are member only.
Last updated 6:58pm on 3 October 2023