Published 16:05 on 14 Mar 2018
I'm sure that you are aware that we currently have an empty lake, due to the on-going dam repairs. Unfortunately, we have been informed of various issues with the works (a leaking cofferdam, the need for additional piling, delays in ordering materials due to specification changes).
The long and short of this is that the planned completion date for the project has been put back. We are now told that work on the valve will be completed in May. We have no control over this and just have to hope that things go smoothly from now on. Likewise we have to hope for rain in June. However, we are currently hoping and planning to be back on the water in July!
So we have pushed back the start of club racing until 8th July 2018. This news hit us just as our Sailing Secretary was finalising this year's duty rota – you can imagine his delight! He may therefore be in touch with those of you originally allocated duties early in the year, to plan later slots.
In light of this news, we have extended our time at Bartley Sailing Club. So far, several members have taken boats over to Bartley and are being made very welcome. If anybody else would like to take a boat over to Bartley, please just let me know via firstname.lastname@example.org and I will let Bartley know that you are coming.
Obviously, it is impossible for us to predict if more delay will occur. We are planning as best we can, based on the information currently available to us. Your continued support of the club is appreciated.Hoping to be back on the water soon!
Last updated 09:43 on 3 June 2019