Barnt Green Sailing Club is now open for organised activity on the water. The organising authority is Barnt Green Sailing Club and the duty Rescue Officer is in charge when the club is open.
Organised activities are slowly being introduced as the Government lockdown restrictions are eased. As an affiliated club, Barnt Green sailing club also acts on advice and guidance provided by the Royal Yachting Association.
Please refer to the Guiding Principles and other documents accessible by clicking on the relevant links to the righthandside of this page
In summary the following currently apply:
- Club racing and recreational sailing with rescue boat cover will be provided on Sundays with effect from 4th April 2021
- Use of the water at other times is the responsibility of individual club members. You are reminded that the Club Rules (Rule 9.4) require that you must make your own safety arrangements
- Toilets are open but the changing rooms (except for access) and clubhouse are closed
- If you enter the changing rooms to access the toilets you need to wear a face covering
- Please maintain 2m social distancing while on site (shore) and the rule of 6 applies
- Please sign in at the sign-on shed hut whenever you attend the club - this is to enable contact tracing if necessary
- Rescue crews rostered to provide cover must read the supplementary guidance provided by the club
Next update planned for 12th April 2021
Members are strongly advised to refer to the latest RYA guidance and FAQs through the RYA COVID hub
Last updated 09:16 on 6 April 2021