Barnt Green Sailing Club is now open for organised activity on the water. The organising authority is Barnt Green Sailing Club and the duty Rescue Officer is in charge when the club is open.
As an affiliated club, Barnt Green sailing club also acts on advice and guidance provided by the Royal Yachting Association.
Please refer to the Guiding Principles and other documents accessible by clicking on the relevant links to the righthandside of this page
In summary the following currently apply:
- Follow Hands-Face-Space-Fresh Air guidance.
- Club racing and recreational sailing with rescue boat cover will be provided on Sundays with effect from 4th April 2021. Self-organised racing is taking place on Wednesday evenings although members must make their own safety arrangements.
- Use of the water at other times is the responsibility of individual club members. You are reminded that the Club Rules (Rule 9.4) require that you must make your own safety arrangements
- The toilets and changing rooms are now open. However, no kit or belongings are to be left in the changing rooms at present. The showers remain closed.
- The clubhouse is now open but meals will be served by an "at table" service. The bar is open and accepting contactless card payments for drinks and snacks.
- Please sign in at the sign-on shed hut whenever you attend the club - this is to enable contact tracing if necessary. You may also choose to use the QR code posted on the clubhouse door to register your attendance on a smart phone using the NHS COVID19 app.
- Rescue crews rostered to provide cover must read the supplementary guidance provided by the club
Next update planned for 21st June 2021
Last updated 11:12 on 1 August 2021